Day 2

Thursday, July 10, 2008

So today is day #2--it was a little harder than yesterday because I didn't plan ahead, and I was out of the house from 11 am until 6:30 pm. I had my smoothie in the morning, nice and big as usual, with frozen cherries and bananas and e3live and kale...that was perfect. Then we were running late so I didn't make anything for the road except 2 bananas and a peach. So around 1 I found a Dean & Deluca near the Met and bought some celery and some red pepper dip made with red peppers, walnuts and olive oil. It was PERFECT. Thank God I found it, because I was seriously tempted to eat some of my boys' pizza!! For dinner (haven't had it yet--bad bad!!) I am going to have the rest of my celery soup and a big ol' salad. I am tempted to make the raw corn chips featured over at goneraw.com--I have some organic ears of corn that I'd love to use. Of course, I wouldn't be able to eat them until tomorrow since they need to be dehydrated.

I think planning ahead is a HUGE part of being successful with raw. I don't know about you, but just packing a few bananas doesn't cut it when I am out and about all day. I need a salad, some guac and onion bread or something a bit more substantial. It's a good lesson to learn. As the Boy Scouts say "be prepared!".

Haven't entered my cronometer numbers today, but will try and do it tomorrow! How's everyone else doing?

0 comments:

 
Doing the Raw Thing - by Templates para novo blogger