So the daily update thing clearly isn't working

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I had originally wanted to post daily about my experiences but two things are preventing me: one, I don't have the time and two, my life is just not that interesting! So probably I will post once or twice a week, when the mood hits me...the last thing I need in my life is another obligation LOL....

Right now we're in East Hampton Long Island, at my mom's house. Came out last night and I went for a 4 mile run this morning and felt great. Last night, not so great...ate a small amount of cooked quinoa with some watermelon and two bananas and the combo just made my stomach freak out. Or maybe it was the cooked food? I don't know. I have been trying to lower my fat a bit, and to do that decided to eat a bit of cooked quinoa and amaranth once in a while, but I can't decide if it's working. I want to keep my fat below 20% and am using nutridiary.com to do it (great resource, and FREE!) and I have to either eat more fruit or eat a little cooked, as nuts and avos while they add calories also bring my daily fat intake WAY up. I would love to eat more fruit, but it's difficult for me to consume that much fruit without breaking the bank and frankly, getting a little grossed out. I mean, I like bananas, but 8 at a time? Not so much. And i am not much of a dehydrator girl, so I am not eating many flax chips, etc. Maybe come winter that will change, and I will be able to get more calories in that way without breaking the fat bank (or the money bank!) Anyway, just experimenting with my diet a bit to see what works for me.

In two days, the 100 day challenge starts on rawfu.com..I am so psyched! Bunny has put together a wonderful community and there are challenges and even a secret buddy (can't wait to "meet' mine!) to support you in your raw journey. If you haven't signed up, go for it!!!

That's all for now, the watermelon is calling!!!

0 comments:

 
Doing the Raw Thing - by Templates para novo blogger