Day 5: Energy is great!

Monday, July 14, 2008

I am on Day 5 and despite bloating due to PMS, my energy is pretty darn good. I always get more tired for the 3 days prior to my period, and this month is no exception. However, I am not as tired as I normally am. I am bloated, so trying to eat less salt and had a cup of green tea this morning to act as a diuretic. Not raw, I know, but it has a particular purpose and it's the least evil cooked thing I can think of.

I had my great big smoothie for breakfast, and spent the day with my family at a birthday party for one of my son's friends. Luckily, the mom had lots of raw options out, so I ate lots of watermelons and green salad. When we got home, I made another enormous green salad with lots of tomatoes and hemp seeds. You could say I am not a very inventive cook, or that I just don't have that much time to spend in the kitchen! With two boys under 6, I guess running around after them leaves me just enough time to make my smoothies and my salads!!

My mood is good, again, considering I have PMS. I am trying to sleep more, but am still SO much more patient than I had been on cooked. I also haven't taken any anti-depressants for 10 days--can we say I am officially "off" them?? Scary thought since I've been on them for over 15 years......not willing to say that yet. But I am on my way!!!

How's everyone else's 30 day challenge going?

0 comments:

 
Doing the Raw Thing - by Templates para novo blogger